posted 08-19-2001 11:52 PM
I went and got my hair cut again with my pretty hot 25 year old hairdresser on Saturday and we started talking about relationships. (She constantly tries to hook me up with one of her friends after I asked her out a year ago and she turned me down - because she's married).
Anyway, she started telling me about how great her marriage is, her husband etc and I asked her about her husband and what he's like that made her attracted to him. And I was surprised by her honest answer and alot if reflected what is constantly being said on this forum.
1. He's out living his own life - he still does things he wants to do whether she likes it or not. If she doesnt want to join him, he'll go anyway.
This ticks her off, but she likes that he's still an independant thinker etc. He doesnt 'need' her to live and they dont have to act like they are 'one' as alot of couples do (i.e. lose their individual identities to become the 'couple')
2. He's not predictable - almost everyday he brings new dramas to their lives.
(Chicks love drama) Again this ticks her off but at least "he's not boring".
3. He's driven and has ambition - he quit one job and took up a position in a totally different field as he wasnt getting any satisfaction at work. Now in his new job, he keeps telling her he's 'gonna run the company some day'. And her face brightens when she relays this to me.
4. He's confident in his abilities - he never doubts himself in anything, even if he doesnt know what he's doing, he gives her reassurance that things will be ok. He knows he makes mistakes but doesnt get dragged down thinking about it.
(Again, this looked like a big plus for her)
5. He lets her know he loves her by actions not gifts or words, infact he never buys her flowers. And he's never jealous (or doesnt show it).
6. He's constantly challenging her perception of him, as soon as she thinks she's got him down pat, he goes off and shows something else about himself.
While this is one example of a man, he shows character traits that alot of guys should have and most interestingly of all they were told to me by a young woman.