Dating on a Budget Without Looking Cheap
Just because your funds may be a little limited, doesn't mean you can't have a social life. After all, how can you find the girl of your dreams when you're stuck in the house? A five-star dining experience and drinks may not be something that you can afford right now. However, with a little planning and creativity, you can create a date night that will exceed your date's expectations.
Find out What Your Date's Interests Are
To really pull off a date without looking cheap, you must plan accordingly. Find out what your date likes to do in his or her spare time. Information on hobbies or passions in life can easily be found out during conversations. Use this information to plan a date accordingly.
- Does she enjoy reading good books? If so, plan your date around spending the majority of your time in a unique, quaint book shop in your neighborhood. Talk about the books you've read and decide on a few books you can read together. Buy her a book as a little reminder of your first date together. Find a little coffee shop to continue your conversation and read a little.
- If your date is a boxing fanatic, find information on some amateur boxing matches taking place in your area. These tickets are substantially less than professional fights.
Food, Alcohol and Dancing
If your date loves the nightlife and dancing the night away, then you can do this without breaking the bank. The key is to learn how to party cheaply.
- Find a nightclub that offers happy hour. This will allow you to buy half price drinks.
- Order some finger foods from the bar instead of a full course dinner. Chicken wings, fajitas and fries can be very fulfilling and it goes a long way.
- By arriving early you will also save money on admission into the nightclub. You will already be inside when it's time for the night club to open.
Utilize Social Buying Websites
Sign up to receive notifications from a few group buying websites. This will allow you to try new products, restaurants, services, and events for a fraction of the cost. Prices on these websites are significantly reduced based on the condition that a minimum number of buyers will be placed through these types of websites. You will be able to find everything from theater tickets, discounted five-star meals, tours, and cooking classes for really cheap prices.
When it comes to dating, creativity will help you stretch your dollar. It will also help you not to appear cheap, but rather thoughtful. Research, plan ahead, and don't be afraid to try new things. It doesn't take a lot of money to plan a date that she will always remember.